Rooting an Android phone can get your privileges that are not quite accessible to normal users in normal unrooted phones. Rooting gives you a greater control over your phones resources and other components.
Why I decided to write a article on rooting Samsung Galaxy Music Duos?
I had been looking to root my phone since a long time, but I couldn’t actually find a way to do it. After going searching through the internet for a long time, I finally found a method to root Samsung Galaxy Music. So I decided to share this method with all of you who own a Samsung Galaxy Music.
What is Rooting?
First of all let me tell you what is rooting, rooting is the process of allowing Android device users to get administrative access.
By rooting your phone you can get access to some features which are not allowed in normal unrooted devices. Rooting also helps in installing a new ROM, removing unwanted bloatware, overclocking processor etc..
Galaxy Music Duos (S6102)
Samsung Galaxy Music is a Android smartphone running ICS version(4.0.4). Samsung has rolled out the upgrade to “Jelly Bean” but it is available to only a few regions. If your region hasn’t got the update and you would like to upgrade unofficially(which requires root access), then visit this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2415442.
Galaxy Music is powered by a 850 Mhz Cortex-A9 processor with 512 MB of RAM 2GB/4GB internal memory.
The Rooting Process
- Step 1: Make sure you have the samsung drivers installed on your PC. Download USB drivers for Samsung from here: http://www.devfiles.co/download/AbRa7wHc/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe
- Step 2: Download a software called RootGenius and install it on your PC. Download RootGenius for Windows from here: http://www.shuame.com/en/root.
- Step 3: Enable Usb Debugging mode on your phone (Settings->Developer options->USB debugging->tick mark). Now connect your phone to the PC using original Samsung USB cable.
- Step 4: Run RootGenius and click on root.
- Your phone will be rooted within a couple of minutes and your PC will show this:
- Download an app called Root Checker from Play Store on your phone. If your phone is successfully rooted then the app will show this:
ENJOY THE ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS !!