Last month BBM for Windows Phone was made available in a closed beta. Windows Phone users around the world were allowed to register for the beta and within 12 hours the closed beta was full. New registrations were logged into the waiting list. Only around 10,000 users were allowed to participate in the closed beta. But today BBM for Windows Phone has now gone public as BBM for Windows Phone.
BBM for Windows Phone has received quite a lot of hype lately. BBM was definitely the most wanted app for Windows Phone and it is finally here. They are people who were waiting for BBM, so that they could switch to Windows Phone.
The feature list for BBM as mentioned in the Windows Phone Store is as below:
Chat with friends on Windows Phone, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry:
- Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
- Quickly share photos, voice notes, BBM contacts and your location
- See when contacts are responding to your message
- Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM, now specially designed for Windows Phone
- BBM picks up the modern look & feel of Windows Phone
- Pin BBM Groups and 1:1 chats to the Start screen for easy access to your most important chats
Chat and Share with many at once:
- Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
- Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
- Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
BBM lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
- You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private and you always control who can contact you
- You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Create your own BBM profile:
- Post a profile picture using images or pictures
- Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
The closed beta app has tons of bugs, most of which were fixed later on. But some bugs still remain in the closed beta. The public beta though seems to have no bugs, if you find any bugs, do let us know below in comments. If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, download it here from the Windows Phone Store.