Good news to those who would like to use their WhatsApp on their PC rather than on the small screen of their mobile phone. WhatsApp for PC version runs on Windows through Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Opera web browsers.
What Is The Problem In Using Whatsapp On Your PC?
First of all let’s understand why WhatsApp was not available for PC in the beginning. Well, Whatsapp was never meant to work as a messenger on your computer. It was developed to be a mobile app.
So, the developers created a different version of Whatsapp for different mobile platforms like Android, Windows, Blackberry, iOS etc because they are all mobile operating systems unlike Windows 8 and Linux which are computer operating systems.
People use WhatsApp all over the world and tend to talk in different languages. So it was natural that the demand for the WhatsApp version for PC grew. People started using WhatsApp on Computer by using Android Emulators like Bluestack, Andy etc. Due to this, the WhatsApp developers have officially offered us a method for accessing the mobile version of WhatsApp on your PC screen.
Requirements To Use WhatsApp On Your PC
Before you begin the process, please ensure that your PC meets the following requirements:
- #1 First of all, you should be a WhatsApp user (Meaning, on your phone).
- #2 You should have either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera browser on your computer on which you will be using WhatsApp Web.
Using WhatsApp On Your PC
If your PC has the above requirements, you can go ahead and use WhatsApp on your PC:
- #1 Upgrade WhatsApp to the latest version on your mobile. This is very important because if you have an older version of WhatsApp, WhatsApp web will not work since it won’t have the QR code scanner for the WhatsApp Web. Your WhatsApp version should be at least 2.11.498.To know the current version of WhatsApp, go to Settings→Help→About
- #2 Now launch the browser and go to https://web.whatsapp.comIt only works with the browsers mentioned above and others do not work as they will show an error message.Once you go into the link given to you, you will see a QR code waiting to be scanned.
- #3 Now pick up your mobile and go to WhatsApp and go to options and then click on the WhatsApp Web option.An instruction will appear on the mobile asking you to place your mobile camera on the QR code shown on the browser.
- #4 That’s all! As soon as the QR code is scanned, you will see that everything on the mobile version of WhatsApp on your phone will appear on your PC screen.
Feeling Happy?! WhatsApp PC is really useful for those whole like typing on there keyboard rather than there mobile or who don’t like to see their mobile everytime.
Advantages Of Using Whatsapp On PC
- #1 The advantage of using WhatsApp on your PC is that it will make your chatting experience much richer and it will be easier to type on your keyboard.
- #2 You can easily send images and videos which is stored on your PC.
- #3 All the images downloaded on the WhatsApp Web will be stored on your PC rather than your mobile which has a smaller storage.
- #4 You’ll remain logged in and you won’t have to login over and over again.
Disadvantages Of Using WhatsApp On PC
- #1 What you see on your computer is just a mirror image of what you actually see on your mobile. That means what you send on your computer can be sent by the mobile also (the receiver will receive it only once).
- #2 Internet data will double up. Net connect of both the mobile and the computer will be used.
- #3 This could end up with a privacy problem. If other people are also using your computer and they know about the WhatsApp web, they can read all your message which you didn’t want them to read.
If you have any questions in this regard, please feel free to comment and ask. We will try our best to assist you.